YX-230 3-Octave Xylophone with Bag and Stand. This 3-octave tabletop xylophone was designed for easy playability and handling. It can be played without any assembly and its compact, lightweight design makes it easy to transport. The YX-230 is a particularly good choice for school systems. The YX-230 is sold with a cover and a pair of ME-103 mallets. This item includes Yamaha’s X-Stand (YGS-70) and Soft-Sided Case (PCS-YX-230), custom cut to fit the YX-230. In addition to a compact 3-octave configuration, the YX-230’s bars and frame are made with carefully selected materials to deliver outstanding tone in a remarkably lightweight instrument. The frame is both lightweight and durable, and can be used with confidence in school situations. The post is made of resin so that it will not bend and dampen bar resonance or cause unwanted noise. Resin posts are flexible and will not lose its shape when force is applied. The base of the post is wedge shaped to reduce the chance of accidental detachment. A built-in handle allows for it to be carried by one person. The tone bars are made of padauk wood, the same material used for Yamaha entry-level marimbas. All bars are 38 millimeters wide, providing the same playability as high-end models. The wood frame is not only light and durable, but also contributes to improved tonal quality. By making the distance from the bottom of the frame to the natural and accidental bars equal, consistent volume is achieved for rich tone and resonance. A cover that protects the instrument from dust and scratches, and a pair of mallets, are included, along with the YGS-70 X-Stand and the PCS-YX-230 Soft-Sided case.
- Dimensions: 46 x 6 x 22 in. Weight: 22 lb. Bars thickness: .8 in. Width: 1.5 in. Material: Padauk Frame Material: Wood Range: C52-C88 (3 octaves) Pitch: A442 Hz Included Accessories: Stand, soft-sided case, cover, ME-103 mallets
- This 3-octave tabletop xylophone was designed for easy playability and handling
- It can be played without any assembly and its compact, lightweight design makes it easy to transport
- The YX-230 is a particularly good choice for school systems
- The YX-230 is sold with a cover and a pair of ME-103 mallets