This very popular special model Xeno features a leadpipe and tuning slide of reversed style with a single brace for quicker response and playing agility. The heavier mouthpiece receiver adds body to the tonal core, and helps hold the sound together at large dynamics. This model has a ring on the 1st valve slide, and no water key on the third valve slide, as preferred by its development artist.
- Extra-heavy mouthpiece receiver: keeps tone focused throughout the entire range of the instrument
- Reversed main tuning slide: promotes a “free blowing” feel to the horn
- Monel pistons: resistant to corrosion and are an ideal choice for professional trumpet pistons which must retain precise fit and smooth action over many years
- Hand-hammered one-piece bell: a one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument’s material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone. A hammered yellow brass bell produces a perfectly-balanced tone with quick response and extra presence due to advanced manufacturing
- Hand-lapped pistons and slides: hand-lapping pistons and slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the pistons and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument