As an electric guitarist in the ’80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks. The latest APX600 features a unique under-saddle piezo pickup, the Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer featured in the highly-acclaimed a series range, a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave. Although its style has evolved, the essence of the APX remains the same. Today, it boasts a more natural look, a deeper body for better bass response and greater volume, and a new non-scalloped bracing pattern for a responsive, dynamic tone.
- Thin-line cutaway Body design for exceptional playability
- 25″ Scale Length and narrower string spacing for Enhanced comfort
- New scalloped bracing pattern for increased bass response
- Abalone sound hole rosette
- Stage-focused pickup system for shaping your sound in the mix