The American made Vega #2, built around Deering’s hand-made, hand-fitted “Tubaphone” tone ring, is internationally known as the finest banjo of it’s kind in the world. The high gloss, curly maple neck, with tradtional inlays, ebony fingerboard and heavy, brass bracket band and traditional peghead shape combine to make a traditional banjo with history making craftsmanship. The “Tubaphone” tone-ring is unquestionably the most unique tone ring in banjo history and the Deering tubaphone is the best ever made. The light amber stain brings out the superb grain character of each and every banjo. Deering’s Vega #2 has no equal in the open back banjo world.
- Deering’s Tubaphone tone ring with heavy brass bracket band.
- Light amber stained curly maple neck.
- Ebony fingerboard with traditional inlays.
- Nickel plated with Deering adjustable tailpiece
- Traditional Vega Neck Shape