In the summer of 1996, TreeWorks Chimes was created by Mitch McMichen. It began in his garage in Nashville, Tennessee. The first set of chimes was made with a hacksaw and a hand drill. It didn’t look like much, but that was the first step to crafting the perfect set of chimes. When asked about the early days of TreeWorks, Mitch replied – I wasn’t trying to start a company. I was trying to find a sound. Since then TreeWorks has grown to become the most respected chimes in the percussion world – used by top studio/touring drummers and percussionists as well as the top 24 drum corps. These instruments are still handmade in Nashville, Tennessee and are unmatched in craftsmanship and sound quality. (It is of note that Mitch McMichen has earned Gold and Platinum records for his recording work in Nashville)
- A PURE AND BRILLIANT TONE | The TreeWorks Chimes studio-grade triangle is an essential addition to any percussionist’s setup. With its shimmering full overtone spectrum and balanced projection, each strike of the TRE-HS08 produces a clear and lasting ring that fills the room.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA | Each TreeWorks Chimes triangle is made from hard carbon steel that is hand-bent in our workshop just north of Nashville, TN. All beaters are made from stainless steel.
- VERSATILE AND CAPABLE OF MULTIPLE SOUNDS | Each triangle comes with a cylindrical triangle mount and stainless steel triangle beater for playing, making it possible to produce full tones, muted attacks, and rolls based on your needs.
- BUILT FROM THE STRONGEST MATERIALS POSSIBLE | All TreeWorks Chimes triangles are fashioned from a custom heat-treated carbon steel alloy and is given a thin satin chrome finish to maximize its response and clarity.
- DIMENSIONS | The TRE-HS08 is 8 x 1 x 8 inches in dimension and comes with one Light Triangle Beater (TREbtr-LTE) that is 8 1/4 x 3/8 x 1/4 inches in dimension.