This convenient set of 4 nut slotting files will provide you with the right gauges for cutting and shaping string slots on mandolins. And, you’ll save 10% by purchasing the set!
Our tempered edge-cut nut files produce round-bottom slots for nuts and saddles. They’ll help ensure your strings seat properly in the nut without buzzing! Each chrome-alloy steel file has twin 4″ cutting edges.
Among our most popular tools, these professional files help you get the job done quickly and correctly.
StewMac tech advisors specify this set of 4 files to match Medium Gauge strings for mandolin (one file each in the following cutting widths: 0.013″, 0.016″, 0.028″ and 0.042″).
Match the file to the string gauge. Choose a file of the same size as the string, or no more than a few thousandths wider. By rocking the file side to side, you can widen the slot to fit a slightly wider string.
Just want one? Each file is also sold individually.
- The right gauges for cutting and shaping string slots on mandolin nuts, in one convenient set
- Ensure your strings seat properly in the nut without buzzing – this tempered edge-cut file produces round-bottom slots for nuts and saddles
- Made of chrome-alloy steel with twin 4″ cutting edges
- Professional files that are a must for busy shops and hobbiest luthiers alike
- Set includes 4 gauged files in 4 different cutting widths suitable for medium mandolin srtings