After extensive research to improve the resonance and ensure a balanced sound, Sonor has significantly reworked the xylophone and metallophone resonator boxes. With skillful alterations of the chambers, Sonor has achieved an even more balanced and rich sound for these models. Try them and you’ll see and hear the difference.
- FSC pure Pao Rosa rosewood bars for xylophones and special light alloy bars for metallophones. FSC pure resonator boxes made from cross laminated birch plywood with 100% glued seams – no screws are used to hold the box together providing a more integral sound chamber.
- New model SKU’s will be an extension of current SKU’s – e.g.. SXP1.1, AMP1.1, GBXP1.1, AXP1.1, GBMP1.1 etc.
- Tuning: precision tuning by hand, in the lower range overtone tuning, in the higher range fundamental tuning is applied to all models.
- New models compliment all preceding models! Mix and match with ease.
Sonor Primary Line GBMP1-1 Deep Bass Metallophone includes 16 bars, c – a’ (with F# and Bb bars), and 1 pair of SCH 25 mallets. Features 35x10mm alloy bars with overtone or fundamental tuning. FSC pure certified.
- First FSC certified environmentally friendly Orff instrument!
- Special light alloy bars with overtone or fundamental tuning
- Bars have note names and notation symbols centered on each bar to encourage music reading
- Resonator box with 3 special acoustic chambers, 100% glued seams, no screws
- 16 bars total including F# and Bb bars