In an effort to improve resonance and sound balance, Sonor has reworked their xylophone and metallophone resonator boxes. After extensive research resulting in alterations of the chambers, Sonor Glockenspiels can now achieve a more balanced and rich sound. Try one for yourself and hear the incredible difference.
- FSC pure Pao Rosa rosewood bars for xylophones and special light alloy bars for metallophones.
- FSC pure resonator boxes made from cross laminated birch plywood with 100% glued seams – no screws are used to hold the box together providing a more integral sound chamber.
- New model SKU’s will be an extension of current SKU’s – e.g. SXP1.1, AMP1.1, GBXP1.1, AXP1.1, GBMP1.1 etc.
- Tuning: precision tuning by hand, in the lower range overtone tuning, in the higher range fundamental tuning is applied to all models.
- New models compliment all preceding models! Mix and match with ease.
Sonor Primary Line AGP-1 Alto Glockenspiels include 16 bars, C – A (with F# and Bb bars), and 1 pair of SCH 95 mallets. Features 20 x 3mm steel bars with overtone or fundamental tuning. FSC pure certified.
- First FSC certified environmentally friendly Orff instrument!
- All wood surfaces are protected with Proterra, an environmentally safe, all-natural varnish
- Bars have note names and notation symbols centered on each bar to encourage music reading
- 16 bars total including F# and Bb bars