Traditional Orff-Schulwerk style individual bar; this bar sounds two octaves below “middle” A (the octave below a traditional Orff bass xylophone). Care for this instrument as you would for fine furniture – protect from heat and temperature changes, and clean the bar two to three times per year with a high-quality furniture polish (preferably with a lemon oil base). Mallet not included.
- Rosewood bar; pitch A; tuned to A=440, the industry standard.
- Bar is also overtone-tuned (first dominant overtone tuned to the fundamental note).
- All-wood resonating chamber produces a full, rich sound.
- Black tuning plate under the bar allows for slight adjustments in tuning.
- A good substitute for timpani in the classroom instrumentarium.