Our pals at Imperial Valley Guitar Co. have spun off their resonator guitars into a new line they call Royall. This model is their take on the fabled 1928-1929 National Triolian. For only the first year of its existence the Triolian came with a wood body and sound well. After 1929 all Triolians had 2 or 3 piece metal bodies. Of course, those first year models are now highly coveted for their unique sound.
The original 1929 Triolians were usually painted a solid yellow color like the later metal body ones. The Royall ’29 Triolian Maple is naturally finished to let the tiger striped maple grain show through and adds some crazy mother-of-fountain-pen binding to the neck and body.
You’ll find that the workmanship on this guitar is far above anything else anywhere near the price point, powered by Imperial’s meticulous work and attention to detail. It will come to you after being professionally set up in the Imperial Valley Guitar Co. workshop and ready to play.
- Classic All Tiger Maple Body ’29 Triolian Style Resonator
- 12 fret bound maple neck with slotted headstock & rosewood fret board • Nickel plated brass resonator cover • 1 7/8″ bone nut • 25″ scale
- Natural gloss finish flame maple body • Hand spun aluminum Continental cone
- Vintage Waverly style “Butterbean” tuners • Wild mother-of-fountain-pen binding
- Bonus: The high quality fitted case you see pictured here is included at no charge.