The first in a series of amazingly affordable quality synthesizers from Roland’s amazing Juno family! The Juno-6 is a six voice polyphonic analog synthesizer! It’s a very stable synth thanks to its digitally controlled analog oscillators. The Juno-6 sounds great, however it lacks basic necessities like MIDI control and patch memory storage.
The next generation Juno-60 version added 56 patches of memory storage. Both of these synths sound virtually the same and are considered by many to sound better (punchier) than the popular follow up, the Juno-106. The Juno-6 and 60 are very rich sounding synthesizers and are great analog machines as long as you can overlook the absence of MIDI control. Of course nobody can deny that the wooden side panel look is a true sign of Vintage status! The Junos have been used by Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran, Enya, Sean Lennon, Sneaker Pimps, Vince Clarke of Erasure and Banco De Gaia.
- Polyphony – 6 voices, Oscillators – DCO: pulse, saw, and square
- LFO – rate and delay,Filter – non-resonant high pass and resonant low pass
- VCA – level, ADSR and gate, Keyboard – 61 note keyboard (no velocity or aftertouch)
- Arpeg/Seq – External JSQ-60 Sequencer, Effects – Chorus (2 types)
- Memory – None, Control – Filter Control In, Ext Clock In