ProMark JW1 mallets feature a round synthetic core with brass inserts and a layer of latex wrapped in synthetic yarn. The JW1 provides the softest articulation and maximum tone. Finished birch handles have an ultra-smooth finish with a silky texture that feels similar to rattan but without the level of flexibility. Designed by the internationally known and in-demand front ensemble technician, Jim Wunderlich, this nine mallet series with System Blue should not be considered for marching alone. While they have durable components for outdoor environments, the lush tone of these mallets is an appropriate and tasteful choice for indoor concert or marching settings. For over 50 years, ProMark has been one of the world’s leading manufacturers of drumsticks, mallets, and percussion accessories. Owned and operated by D’Addario & Co., the Houston, Texas based ProMark produces products used globally by the greatest drummers and percussionists in the world, including Neal Peart, Phil Collins, Simon Phillips, Ringo Starr, and many more. ProMark – Make Your Mark.
- The JW1 is a great choice for a low-range marimba mallet in a graduated set OR for an individual ensemble player
- Length: 16 5/8″ Head Size: 1.9 x 2.15″
- The JW1 features a rubber-like synthetic core wrapped tightly with durable synthetic yarn on a lacquered birch shaft for a smooth finish with maximum strength
- Durable enough for outdoor environments, but the lush tone of these mallets is an appropriate and tasteful choice for indoor concert or marching settings
- All Promark drumsticks are designed and manufactured in the USA