The ruan is a Chinese plucked string instrument. It is a lute with a fretted neck, a circular body, and four strings. Its strings were formerly made of silk but since the 20th century they have been made of steel (flatwound for the lower strings). The modern ruan has 24 frets with 12 semitones on each string, which has greatly expanded its range from a previous 13 frets. The frets are commonly made of ivory. Or in recent times, metal mounted on wood. The metal frets produce a brighter tone as compared to the ivory frets. It is sometimes called ruanqin , particularly in Taiwan.
- Professional Fully Handmade Yunzhi Zhong Ruan,Chinese Mandolin Guitar,Chinese Lute
- Soundboard: Paulownia, Backplane: Paulownia, Body: Rosewood, Pegs: Rosewood, Head: Ox bone
- Size: approx 92cm * 40cm * 10cm, Net Weight: approx 3.5kg
- Suitable level : Beginner and Professional
- Free Accessories:A soft carrying Zhong Ruan case,one set spare string, a set of ZhongRuan finger picks,Adhesive tape,everything is included for you to start playing.