Our 14″x25″ Paragon Heartwood Mali Pro Djembe is an oversize drum, suitably sized for an advanced drummer with larger hands or whose playing technique requires a larger playing surface. Each of our Mali djembes are crafted by expert carvers using specialty hardwoods, finished with top-rate skin and rope, always with the 3-top ring tuning system. Shells are selected from Hare, Lenke, Dugura, and Acajou, healthy and well seasoned. At proper tension these 14″ djembes have a nice even wet/dry sound quality, with a strong bass, deep tones, and well-pitched slaps. These are among the elite complete djembes available anywhere from Mali. Along with a money back guarantee, here is what this Mali djembe features: 13.75-14.5″ OSD wood, 24-25″ full height, 9-10″ OSD base, 19-21 lbs. Inventory includes Hare, Lenke, Dugura, and Acajou hardwoods, solid one piece construction, uniform thickness, imported direct. Wood seasoned and handcarved in Mali, West Africa, treated inside and out with lots of shea butter and coconut oil. Thick Mali goat skin, wet shaved and hydrated with a bit of shea butter. 5mm braided rasta drum rope for the 28-30 pairs of vertical ropes, first row of tuning started (most will have brighter rasta rope, not the black mix rope). 4mm mix rasta color drum rope for top loops and bottom loops, double hitch loop pattern on bottom ring. Bright cloth used to wrap bottom and top rings, including flesh hoop to prevent rust damage to skin. Extra tuning rope included, wrapped around neck for storage. All 1/4″ rings custom fitted very tight, keeps tension even. 3 top ring tuning systems locks in tension and makes tuning more efficient. Well shaped bearing edge, hand rounded on both edges for playing comfort, skin safety, and sound quality Simple geometric deep carved designs cover half to full base. (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Excellent sound quality from solid handcarved wood shell and natural West African goat skin.
- Warm, full bass sound, strong open tones, and clean, crisp, high slaps – right out of the box.
- Wood seasoned and handcarved in Mali, West Africa, treated inside and out with lots of shea butter and coconut oil
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .