Product Specs 21 Chords Maple body with rock maple pin block Quilted trans red maple top Gloss finish We are an authorized Oscar Schmidt dealer, so you know that we offer the best products on the market.
In order to cut costs to offer our customers the lowest prices, we do everything online. Although most people would prefer to try out a product before they purchase it, by not having a show room or storefront, we can offer the lowest prices in the market.
“An American instrument of American invention.”
The Autoharp is one of the few musical instruments that can claim to be truly American in origin.Invented in 1881 and patented in 1882, the Autoharp has had a remarkable hundred-year history. After being proclaimed “the nation’s favorite musical instrument” and then nearly fading into obscurity, the Autoharp has taken its manufacturers on an endless roller coaster of ups and downs. As a nineteenth-century parlor room favorite, it was finally replaced in popularity by the phonograph. The Autoharp did not die. It retreated to the mountains where it underwent a metamorphosis from a parlor instrument to a folk instrument. From there it came out into our schools to become a classroom feature and finally, has emerged as a popular instrument for the serious musician.
Note: Autoharps no longer have built in tuners.
- This 21- chord autoharp plays in eleven different keys. The patented chord bar configuration makes it easy to learn and to continue to play for years to come. This is one of our most popular models. Its unique quilted red top and maple body make this ‘harp a customer favorite.
- The pin blocks in many of the finest autoharps consist of hard rock maple for extra strength. The pin blocks are laminated rock maple pin blocks meaning they are specially coated for extra strength. The purpose of the pin block is to firmly hold the tuning pins in place where the strings are attached. The added strength of the laminated rock maple ensures that everything will stay in the right place.
- Multiple layers of maple laminations are cross-banded using a special high frequency, waterproof gluing process. Reversing the grain direction on each layer of lamination yields incredible strength and the high-frequency waterproof glue seals the laminates protecting the pin block from changes in the relative humidity.
- Our products are brand new and are still in original package. They are stored in our temperature controlled warehouse to prevent any damage or warping. Our first-in first-out inventory system assures that you will receive the newest Autoharp available.
- Unequaled standards, easy playing comfort, and tone response create the perfect value.