The NXTa Active Series Double Bass, whose electronics are fully based around the Polar Pickup System, share the classic body design, ergonomics and performance support options of the CR and EU Series. Available in 4 and 5 string configurations, these instruments are produced in the Czech Republic by the same craftsmen who build NS Design’s most advanced instruments. Arco and Pizzicato techniques have almost unlimited expressive potential, thanks to the Polar Pickup System. A convenient switch allows selection of the traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone. The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even ‘growl’ from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to ‘dig in’ with gusto. Several interchangeable performance support systems are available for the NXTa upright bass: The NXT Tripod Stand (standard); the heavy-duty CR Tripod Stand; the more conventional Bass End Pin Stand and optional Conversion Kit (used in conjunction with the CR Tripod Stand); or full mobility either the Boomerang Strap System or the Frame Strap System.
- NS Polar Pickup System provides beautifully rich and balanced tone
- NXTa active output circuitry ensures compatibility with any amplifier or sound system with full fidelity
- Crafted to exacting standards in the Czech Republic and includes Boomerang Strap and padded gig bag
- Accepts conventional 3/4 size bass strings as well as NS Electric Bass Strings
- Available support options include NXT or CR tripod stand or NS Frame Strap System for full freedom and mobility while standing