The MEINL Wind Gongs are traditionally handcrafted in China by using a special bronze alloy. These gongs are also known under the name Feng or Sun Gong. The shape is almost flat, and due to this the vibration of the gong spreads out extremely wide with a long sustain. The sound characteristic is mainly low pitched, and by playing the gong more powerfully it opens up nicely with sizzling overtones. Available sizes start at 20″/51cm and increase to 40″/101cm in diameter. Each gong ships with a beater designed to correspond with the gong size.
- 24″ Wind Gong with beater
- Handcrafted masterpiece from special bronze alloy
- Characterists include a mainly low pitched sound with sizzling overtones
- Includes beater and cover
- The shape is almost flat, and due to this the vibration of the gong spreads out extremely wide with a long sustain