Meinl Headliner series cajons deliver the classic Cajon sound at an affordable price and can be played with flamenco or world music. They are also very useful during unplugged gigs for delivering the rhythmic foundation for a whole band when a full drum set cannot be used. These rubber wood cajons feature an internal system of strings that span from the top to the bottom of the playing surface to deliver a sensitive rattle that acts as a snare effect. The strings are fully adjustable for different tastes. Included is the Meinl standard Cajon gig bag. This bag protects your Cajon and provides hassle free transportation. The heavy duty stitching and carrying grip ensures that your Cajon remains like new during transportation to the gig or studio.
- PERFECT FOR CREATING DRUMSET GROOVES: Support any style of music in a live or studio setting with bass and snare drum sounds from the Meinl Headliner Series Mahogany String Cajon (measures 11 3/4″ wide x 12″ deep x 18″ tall). The playing surface has two different zones for bass and snare sounds. Playing towards the center of the cajon creates deep bass; striking the top corners gives you a crisp slap tone like a snare drum.
- RUBBER WOOD BODY AND MAHOGANY PLAYING SURFACE: The solid Rubber Wood body with thick rubber feet has excellent tonal qualities that broaden your bass notes and focus your rolls and corner hits to take your beats to the next level. The deep and punchy Mahogany frontplate provides the basis for rich sound development. This durable playing surface delivers a full bass spectrum, cutting snare slaps, and responds to soft finger rolls.
- ADJUSTABLE TOP CORNERS AND INTERNAL STRINGS: Adjustable metal strings span against the inside of the playing surface to add a snare sound and are tuned from the bottom of the cajon (hex key included inside). To alter the amount of “slap” sound from corner hits, the screws located closest to the top corners may be loosed or tightened to vary the amount of gap between the playing surface and cajon body.
- MEINL CAJON BAG INCLUDED: Made to last with durable heavy duty nylon stitching, the standard cajon bag is an excellent choice for protecting your instrument. A thick carrying grip with reinforced cross stitching and a robust two-way zipper with extra lining ensure ease of handling. Internal padding adds a layer of cushioning for your cajon.
- OFFICIAL TWO YEAR MEINL WARRANTY: All Meinl cajons and bags carry a two year manufacturer’s warranty when purchased from authorized retailers. Ideal for any skill level and musician, Meinl Headliner String Cajons are more than capable to integrate into your main act.