Luis and Clark instruments are used throughout the world by many of the finest players in world class orchestras, crossover popular artists, and musicians from every walk of life who value powerful sound, pure pitch, and exquisite craftsmanship. These instruments are made of carbon fiber, a material that is stronger than steel, but lighter than wood. Weighing only 1 pound 4 ounces, this viola is kinder to the body than tranditional violas. It is 11/32 of an inch narrower on the A string shoulder, making it easier to play in the upper positions. The lower registers are rich, the upper register has luxurious warmth and there is an evenness of sound across the strings. The overall tone is one of depth, power, beauty and resonance that has to be heard to be believed. This has the potential to eliminate viola jokes once and for all.
- Invented and designed by world-famous former Boston Symphony Cellist Luis Leguía
- The unique corniceless design allows a light (1 lb 4 oz) and easy to handle instrument for all ages
- Amazingly beautiful, dark, yet vibrant resonance, singing out effortlessly and powerfully
- Individually made by hand in the U.S.A. (since 2000) by meticulous craftsmen
- Extremely durable, impervious to humidity and acute weather fluctuations