Thanks to variably controlled dual element technology and fine tuned frequency responses, Lewitt’s DTP 640 REX offers unparalleled and powerful sound that will delight professional drummers and sound engineers alike. The DTP 640 REX is equipped with a high-quality dynamic element and a condenser element. The dynamic element ensures accurate reproduction of the bass drum kick, while the condenser element optimally captures the rich low frequency sound of the drum’s shell. In order to guarantee full control over the two elements, they can be separately mixed on their own channels. The dynamic element emphasizes frequency ranges relevant for the kick drum in the ‘Dynamic Enhanced Frequency Response’ setting switchable right on the microphone, while the condenser element captures the sound neutrally. With ‘Dual Enhanced Frequency Response’, the character of the sound can be shaped even more individually. With this setting, the condenser element focuses on frequencies from 70 to 150 Hz and delivers a full body sound. The dynamic element provides the necessary power by focusing on the range between 3 and 5 kHz. The combination of these features with the comprehensive tonal freedom of dual-element technology greatly increases the range of use, turning the DTP 640 REX into a universal tool for bass-heavy applications. Based in Vienna, Lewitt stands for high-performance microphones designed to deliver unaltered, authentic sound for memorable recordings. Their exclusive use of high-quality components and advanced technological features ensures that Lewitt mics capture every sonic detail.
- Innovative dual-element design (dynamic and back-electret condenser) accurately captures the sharp attack of the beater as well as the round tonalities of the shell
- 3-position switchable Enhanced Frequency Response provides various tailored frequency responses on separate channels for maximum creative freedom
- Frequency response specifically tuned for kick drum applications and bass instruments
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- Hardened hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille to prevent wear and abuse