The one comment we hear about Laskey tuba mouthpieces is that they sound thicker and more complex. The reason is in the design. Each aspect of a Laskey tuba mouthpiece, from the exterior shape to the cup design, from the rim contour to the backbore, has been carefully designed to maximize your potential.
- B-A deeper bowl than the G. Has a wonderful bottom sound
- H (Helleberg)-Relatively straight sides that blend into a concave funnel as it enters the throat.
- G (Geib)-Produces a more brilliant sound than the H and works well on rotary valve tubas
- F-Like the Helleberg cup in shape but approximately 1/3 more shallow
- C–A moderately shallow bowl cup that is ideal for solo performances on Eb and F tubas.