Korg’s MS-20 monophonic synthesizer, first introduced in 1978, is still a coveted instrument to this day, thanks to its thick, robust sound, its powerful, iconic analog filter, and its versatile patching options. Over 300,000 people have enjoyed the distinct MS-20 sounds from the original, from Korg’s MS-20 plug-in synth, or the iMS-20 iPad app. Today, the sounds of the MS-20 have been reborn in hardware, as the MS-20 Mini. The same engineers who developed the original MS-20 have perfectly reproduced its circuitry and fit into a body that’s been shrunk to 86 percent of the original size, yet retains the distinctive look of the original. The MS-20 mini will amaze you with its absolutely authentic analog synth sound. Fifty years have passed since Korg was founded, and we have once again put our hand to an analog synthesizer. We took particular care to deliver smooth parameter adjustments, which are a distinctive feature of analog synthesizers. We also took special care to completely reproduce the original specifications of the MS-20. The analog circuits we designed 35 years ago still deliver the same unbeatable, powerful sound, from the ultra-low to the ultra-high range.
- Painstakingly replicates the original MS-20 and reproduces it’s distinctive synthesis via two oscillators with ring modulation, and envelope generators with hold and delay
- Use the pitch or volume of an external audio source to control the synthesizer; input an electric guitar and use the MS-20 mini as a guitar synthesizer or input a mic and use it as a vocal synthesizer
- MIDI IN jack for receiving note messages, and a USB-MIDI connector that can transmit and receive note messages
- Patch cables have been changed from 1/4″ phone plugs to mini-plugs, and the newly-designed keyboard is also 86 percent of the original size
- Includes power supply, owner’s manual and sound set list