Well-crafted and affordable. Knilling School model instruments offer superior materials, workmanship and finish, plus proper set up and quality components, to ensure ease of tuning, tone quality, practical playability, and structural integrity. The top is crafted from even grain spruce; the back from maple, with maple ribs, neck and scroll. Fully carved and graduated for superior tone, with genuine inlaid purfling around the top and back to help protect the plates; the solid ebony nut, fingerboard, saddle, and endpin ensure durability. Shop adjusted in the U.S.A. and includes the revolutionary Perfection planetary pegs with internal micro-gears AND synthetic tailpiece with four built-in tuners for totally effortless and reliable ease of tuning without fear of slipping or sticking pegs, custom hand-fitted maple bridge, comfortable and elegant Guarneri-style chinrest, and quality American-made D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings. Meets or exceeds specifications established by the Music Educators National Conference. Outfit includes quality shaped case, with zippered cover, fully-lined interior with matching blanket, two bow holders and covered accessory compartment, brazilwood bow with genuine horsehair, and rosin. Available in 16-1/2″, 16″, 15-1/2″, 15″ size. Established in 1922, Knilling String Instruments has had the privilege of working with some of the finest craftsmen throughout the world; whether for a beginner or seasoned player, our instruments reflect Knilling’s commitment to unparalleled quality and exceptional value.
- Even grain spruce top; solid maple back
- Solid carved throughout and graduated; inlaid purfling
- Ebony fingerboard, nut and saddle; Perfection planetary micro-geared pegs AND synthetic tailpiece with four built-in fine tuners; Guarneri-style chinrest; shop adjusted in USA; quality maple bridge; D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings
- Shaped case with cover; fully lined interior with matching blanket; two bow holders; accessory compartment
- Half-lined brazilwood bow with ebony frog; genuine white horsehair