Exceptional value and performance. Knilling School model cellos offer superior materials, workmanship and finish, plus proper set up and quality components, to ensure ease of tuning, tone quality, practical playability, and structural integrity. The top is crafted from even grain spruce; the back from beautifully figured maple, with matching maple ribs, neck and scroll. Fully carved and graduated for superior tone, with genuine inlaid purfling around the top and back to help protect the plates; solid ebony nut, pegs, fingerboard, saddle, and endpin ensure durability. Shop adjusted in the U.S.A., with custom hand-fitted maple bridge, synthetic tailpiece with four built-in fine tuners for ease of tuning, and quality American-made D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings. Meets or exceeds specifications established by the Music Educators National Conference. Outfit includes padded nylon oxford cover, reinforced and fully-lined, with bow holder and accessory compartments, brazilwood bow with ebony frog and genuine horsehair, and rosin. Available in 4/4, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 size. Established in 1922, Knilling String Instruments has had the privilege of working with some of the finest craftsmen throughout the world; whether for a beginner or seasoned player, our instruments reflect Knilling’s commitment to unparalleled quality and exceptional value.
- Even grain spruce top; flamed maple back
- Solid carved throughout and graduated; inlaid purfling
- Ebony pegs, nut, fingerboard and saddle; shop adjusted in USA; quality maple bridge; synthetic tailpiece with built-in tuners; D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings
- Padded nylon oxford cover; reinforced handle; bow and accessory pockets
- Half-lined brazilwood bow with ebony frog; genuine white horsehair