Exceptional value and superior performance. Our most popular European student model, the Knilling Bucharest is crafted to reflect the essential qualities – ease of tuning, practical playability, tone quality and structural integrity – that offer the opportunity for the student or player to earn and own the pleasure and satisfaction of making music. Properly seasoned, even grain European spruce top, and lightly flamed maple back are fully carved and graduated for superior tone, with matching maple ribs, neck and scroll. Genuine inlaid purfling around the top and back protects the plates, and solid ebony nut, fingerboard, tailpiece, saddle, and endpin, ensure durability. Shop adjusted in the U.S.A, with quality components, including the revolutionary Perfection planetary pegs with internal micro-gears, for effortless and reliable tuning without fear of slipping or sticking pegs; custom hand-fitted German maple bridge for superior sound transmission; comfortable Dresden model chinrest, and quality D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings. Meets or exceeds specifications established by the Music Educators National Conference. Outfit includes deluxe shaped thermoplastic case with aluminum valance, with valance mounted hardware for durability, fully-lined and reinforced interior, with two bow holders, covered accessory compartment, rosin and pitchpipe. Available in 16-1/2″, 16″, 15-1/2″, 15″, 14″, 13″, 12″ size. Established in 1922, Knilling String Instruments has had the privilege of working with some of the finest craftsmen throughout the world; whether for a beginner or seasoned player, our instruments reflect Knilling’s commitment to unparalleled quality and exceptional value.
- Well-aged, even grain, Bavarian spruce top; seasoned, figured, European maple back
- Solid carved throughout and graduated; inlaid purfling
- All ebony trim, including fingerboard, nut, tailpiece and saddle; Perfection planetary micro-geared pegs; ebonite Dresden chinrest; shop adjusted in USA; German maple bridge; D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings
- Shaped thermoplastic case with aluminum valance; valance mounted hardware, fully plush lined; two bow holsters, covered accessory compartment
- Glasser fiberglass bow with fully-lined ebonite frog; genuine white horsehair