Exceptional value and superior performance. Our most popular European student model, the Knilling Bucharest is crafted to reflect the essential qualities – ease of tuning, practical playability, tone quality and structural integrity – that offer the opportunity for the student or player to earn and own the pleasure and satisfaction of making music. Even grain European spruce top, and European maple back and ribs for superior sound, laminated for durability, with matching maple neck and scroll. Genuine inlaid purfling around the top and back protects the plates; solid ebony nut, fingerboard, tailpiece, saddle, and endpin ensure durability. Shop adjusted in the U.S.A, with quality components, including the revolutionary Perfection planetary geared pegs for effortless and reliable ease of tuning without fear of slipping or sticking pegs, custom hand-fitted German maple bridge for superior sound transmission, and quality D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings. Meets or exceeds specifications established by the Music Educators National Conference. Outfit includes padded nylon oxford cover, reinforced and fully-lined, with bow holder and accessory compartments, Glasser fiberglass bow with genuine horsehair, and rosin. Available in 4/4, 3/4, 1/2 size. Established in 1922, Knilling String Instruments has had the privilege of working with some of the finest craftsmen throughout the world; whether for a beginner or seasoned player, our instruments reflect Knilling’s commitment to unparalleled quality and exceptional value.
- Even grain, Bavarian spruce top; European curly maple back
- Fully laminated construction for durability; inland purfling
- Ebony nut, fingerboard, tailpiece and saddle; shop adjusted in USA; quality maple bridge; four Perfection planetary geared fine string adjusters; 16″ endpin; D’Addario Prelude steelcore strings
- Padded nylon oxford cover; reinforced handle; bow and accessory pockets
- Glasser fiberglass bow with fully-lined ebonite frog; genuine white horsehair