KM-900 Master A-Model Mandolin 1920s Sunburst. In the Classic Era of American Mandolins there was a single example of a Lloyd Loar Master Model mandolin produced in the A-style. It had a symmetrical pear-shaped body without points or scroll and a perfectly shaped snake-head peghead. Because only one mandolin of this type was ever produced, that original instrument has risen to mythical status. Every discriminating player and collector dreams of owning that original instrument, and with the new KM-900 it is possible to experience those same design concepts with quality wood selection and a voice that can drive a bluegrass band or complement folk and rock music.
- Solid carved Adirondack spruce top provides you with superior note clarity and volume to spare
- Solid flamed Michigan maple back and sides ensure extra punch
- Slim flamed maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Premium ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- High-gloss lacquer sunburst finish for a vintage look and appeal