Presenting the KM-505 Artist A-model Mandolin by Kentucky
The Artist line of Kentucky mandolins has been expanded to include perhaps the best value in a professional-quality A-model mandolin. Every feature of the KM-505 was specifically chosen to meet, not only the demands of the beginning player, but also the demanding requirements of working professionals. Fine solid spruce and Solid flamed maples are hand-selected at this level to assure that every instrument looks as good as it sounds.
Hand-selected and figured maple is used for the backs, sides and necks of all Artist Model Instruments. Choice, narrow-grained solid spruce is used for the tops really brings out the woody articulate tone you’d expect from a quality mandolin. The woods are chosen for their inherent tonal properties and visual appeal, but they are also chosen to help keep the price low without sacrificing quality or tone.
All instruments exhibit refined and artistic workmanship in every detail of construction; following traditional construction methods and techniques handed down to achieve a level of quality that cannot be found in other instrument in this price range. From the dovetail neck body joint, to the delicate lines of the body shape, perfectly applied binding and tops hand-carved and graduated to perfection—the fit and finish is exceptional and the tone cannot be beat.
Fingerboard and Fittings
The fingerboards of all Artist Model instruments are beautifully shaped from top-quality ebony for easy playability, durability and beauty. The frets are accurately positioned and polished to perfection, further enhancing playability. The compensated and adjustable bridge is perfectly shaped and allows for minute action adjustments, while the high-quality Gotoh tuners will provide smooth action and tuning accuracy for years to come. String changes are made easy by simply removing the engraved tailpiece to reveal the base; which is made of steel for added durability.
All Kentucky Artist Model mandolins are skillfully finished with a beautiful vintage sunburst made from nitrocellulose lacquer. This type of finish not only looks great and brings out the figure of the woods used during construction, but also provides a durable layer of protection that allows the wood to breath as it ages.
Kentucky Artist A-style Mandolins – Play it with pride—it’s America’s favorite mandolin!
Kentucky Mandolins are today’s best value in handmade professional quality mandolins. Our Artist mandolins are hand carved and graduated from the finest mountain spruce and northern maple to using traditional construction methods that have been proven to provide the best tone possible. All features and fittings are the highest quality possible to assure that Kentucky Artist mandolins produces a rich, powerful tone, are affordable and remain true to tradition in every way. If you play mandolin and haven’t tried a Kentucky, you owe it to yourself to do so. These are just a few of the reasons why Kentucky is still, “America’s Favorite Mandolin!”
- Solid, hand-carved and graduated select spruce top
- Solid, hand-carved select highly flamed maple back and sides
- One piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at 15th fret
- Nitrocellulose finish
- Radiused ebony fingerboard with m-o-p dot position markers and modern extension over the body
- Bound neck and body
- Bound rosewood peghead overlay with Kentucky script and Mountain Rose inlaid in pearl
- Vintage-style ebony bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional 2-screw truss rod cover plate
- Bone nut
- Highly polished nickel-silver frets
- Gold-plated tailpiece with leather insert
- High-quality, gold-plated Gotoh tuners with engraved plate and removable buttons
- Shop adjusted
- Solid carved Sitka spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved flamed maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Radiused premium ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- High-gloss lacquer amberburst finish for vintage beauty and appeal
- To learn more, please see our Product Description below