Kentucky’s KM-150 series combines great tone and playability with period-correct vintage styling and specifications in an affordable A-style mandolin. The KM-156 is notable for its rich, transparent brown high-gloss finish, which recalls famous mandolins of the prewar era. This carefully-applied, ultra thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish is exactly the same finish that was used on most prewar originals-and it promotes optimum sound as well as looking beautiful and vintage correct. The neck and body are joined by a modified dovetail joint in the traditional style, which guarantees the greatest strength as well as optimum sound transmission. Genuine solid Alpine spruce-meticulously hand-carved and graduated-is used for the top while back, sides and neck are of select solid maple. This is why Kentucky 150 series mandolins outperform everything in their price range and some costlier makes as well! Perfectly shaped arching, the finest woods and the skills of our luthiers make the KM-156 a world beater in every respect!
- Solid carved Alpine spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp,
- Solid carved maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice East Indian rosewood fingerboard offers beauty as well as
- High-gloss, transparent brown nitrocellulose lacquer finish ensures
optimum tone as well as physical beauty
- Recommended cases: C-1521, C-3720