Africa Heartwood Project djembes are hand-carved by experienced drum makers in West Africa. The Classical djembes are specially crafted with sound quality and playability in mind, with additional attention give to aesthetics. Our Classic Womens’ Djembe is hand crafted specifically to cater for the needs of many female djembe drummers: Ligher weight and reduced height. Africa Heartwood Project cultural artisans in Ghana have developed this uniquely sized djembe to make drumming more comfortable and convenient for drummers who prefer a shorter djembe, but do not want to sacrifice playing surface to get it. This djembe gives you full head size and volume, just carved out of lighter wood, and cut shorter in the stem. ———-Purchase with confidence, knowing each djembe is always individually inspected and tested before shipping. ———-(World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on Amazon. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Excellent sound quality from solid handcarved wood shell and natural West African goat skin.
- Warm, full bass sound, clear open tones, and high slaps – Tune and ready to play
- Full size head but 2″ shorter than a full size drum – Much more comfortable for petite drummers
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .org.