Africa Heartwood Project djembes are hand-carved by experienced drum makers in West Africa. The Classical djembes are specially crafted with sound quality and playability in mind, with additional attention give to aesthetics. The 13″X24″ is a standard size djembe, suitable for most adult male and female drummers. All Classical Heartwood djembes are checked for quality in Ghana before export, and again in the U.S. upon import. Purchase with confidence, knowing each djembe is always individually inspected and tested before shipping. Available in a variety of base carvings. (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Excellent sound quality from solid handcarved wood shell and natural West African goat skin.
- Warm, full bass sound, strong open tones, and clean, crisp, high slaps – right out of the box.
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .
- Available in a variety of base carving designs, so be sure to make the correct selection from images.