The GM-50 is a solid top, A-style mandolin replica of the most famous vintage mandolin. Affordably priced, you won’t find a better tone for the buck. The maple back and sides help promote consistent volume. Each GM-50 undergoes a complete professional setup in the Gold Tone Factory in Florida. To increase tone we sand the bridge feet for perfect fit with the top. To assure the best playability and lowest action we level and polish frets, adjust the truss rod, oil the fingerboard, adjust slots in the nut and bridge, and electronically intonate the bridge. This attention to detail assures every GM-50 of excellent tone and the lowest possible string action!
- Tonewoods Neck: Maple with two-way adjustable truss rod Fingerboard: BoundRosewood Top: Solid spruce Bridge: Rosewood, intonated Back: Curly Maple Sides: Curly Maple Appointments Fingerboard Inlay: Dot Neck Binding: Black Hardware Nut: Bone Tailpiece: Chrome-plated tailpiece Strings: GDAE – .040, .026, .016, .011 Tuners: Geared Dimensions Scale: 13-3/4″ Total Length: 26-1/4″ Nut Width: 1-1/8″ Frets:
- Gold Tone’s GM-50 is a solid top A-style mandolin is a replica of a famous vintage mandolin
- The curly maple back helps promote consistent volume
- Each GM-50 undergoes a complete professional setup in the Gold Tone Factory in Florida
- To increase tone, the bridge feet are sanded for a perfect fit with the arched top