Supreme Tone, Cutting-Edge Features, Unbeatable Value
The LPM is both a genuine Gibson at every turn and a look toward the future of the guitar, all at a lower price than you ever thought possible. The jump up to genuine Gibson humbucking pickups makes the LPM an unbeatable entry to a world of ’Burst-style tones—backed by classic tonewoods, a sublimely comfortable ’50s neck profile, and uncompromising Gibson construction quality. Add Gibson’s Min-ETune automated tuning system and a raft of innovative new features for 2014, and the new LPM looks as great as it feels and sounds.
Body and neck
Designed in the image of the original Les Paul Standard, the LPM is made from a solid mahogany back featuring traditional weight relief for a lighter strapped-on feel, and a carved maple top. It has a glued-in maple neck with a rounded ’50s profile, and a rosewood fingerboard with 22 cryogenically treated frets for long life, along with traditional trapezoid inlays and a commemorative 120th Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret.
Pickups and electronics
The guitar carries a pair of Gibson’s new ’61 Zebra humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions. These pickups are built with the power to rock, excelling in heavy crunch and wailing lead tones, yet they clean up beautifully for mellower moments, adapting themselves to your every need. They’re wired through the traditional complement of independent volume and tone controls, and a three-way selector switch.
The heart of the LPM is its factory-installed Min-ETune tuning system, which automatically retunes your guitar on demand in seconds, or calls up any one of 12 factory or 6 user preset tunings at a simple strum of the strings. A satin chrome Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece anchor it all down for outstanding resonance and sustain, while enlarged strap buttons (new for 2014) keep your guitar secure throughout the set. New Supreme Grip speed knobs provide optimum on-the-fly control. Following the stripped-down ethos of the LPM, the guitar carries no pickguard.
The LPM comes protected in a Gibson gig bag that includes a truss-rod wrench and owner’s manual.
About Gibson USA
Gibson USA continues the tradition of innovation, premium quality, and made-in-America hand-craftsmanship that started in 1894. Although their flagship Les Paul is the most iconic guitar in history, other innovative guitars and basses have become standards in their own right—like the SG, Explorer, Flying V, and Firebird. Gibson instruments are truly “American made, world played. ”
LPM at a Glance
- ’61 Zebra humbucking pickups
- Factory-installed Min-ETune automatic tuning system
- 120th Anniversary Banner inlay at the 12th fret
- New Supreme Grip black speed knobs
- Extra large strap button
- Coated strings with 1 micro coating
- TekToid nut minimizes friction
- Cryogenically treated fret wire for longer life and corrosion resistance
- The body of the LPM is a traditionally weight relieved Mahogany body with a Maple top. It also has a Maple neck with a 50’s Rounded Profile.
- The Fingerboard is Rosewood with Trapezoid inlays with the 120th Anniversary Logo on the 12th fret. Hardware is chrome and it has the Tune-O-Matic bridge and Stop Bar tailpiece.
- It also has the larger strap pins with the Black Supreme Grip Speed Knobs. The pickups are the new ’61 Zebra Humbucker which makes this colossal impossible to ignore.