Presenting the Cremona SVA-350B Premier Artist Viola Outfit
“There are few artist violas on the market that approach the tonal and artistic quality of the SVA-320B viola from Cremona . For sheer physical beauty, this hand-made artist instrument has few peers at anywhere near its price point. The hand-selected, Highly flamed maple used for back, sides and neck/scroll is perfectly set off by the lovely, translucent varnish. The finest of spruce is perfectly graduated to ensure the finest, most sympathetic tone quality–a tone that will carry over any string section. The soloist will find the SVA-320B a worthy partner for any type of work. The finest Hill-style trimmings of stained boxwood provide function as well as beauty. Our sturdy, hard-shell C-3950V case and a J. LaSalle LB-14V bow complete this distinguished outfit. One trial will convince you of the outstanding worth of the SVA-320B viola outfit from Cremona! “
Cremona Premier Violas are available in a variety of tonewood options; each specifically combined to optimize the delicate balance between quality, value and tone. From the flamed maple of our Artist models, to the less figured, yet select woods found in our novice instruments, there is something great at every price-point.
Similar to our higher-level violin outfits, each Premier Student Series Viola is hand-carved and graduated to get the best tone possible. Attention to every detail is given to these instruments knowing that a students’ continuing of the learning process is tied directly to the quality of the instrument played. Premier Series Violas all have a traditional translucent brown finish that is applied in thin coats to not only protect the wood and maintain a traditional look, but allows the wood to vibrate more freely.
Fingerboard and Fittings
Traditional shaped hardwood fittings of boxwood and ebony are used to complete each instrument and assure proper intonation and an ease of playability that any player should expect. For the fingerboards, we use ebony or rosewood because they last longer and play more smoothly.
Both Artist and Student Level Cremona Violas are combined with the popular Travelite TL-33V case. It’s lightweight durable protection has become legendary. Novice-level instruments come with a more affordable semi-shaped Foam case that offers a similar level of protection while keeping the price point at a minimum. Add to that a high-quality J. LaSalle or Anton Breton Brazilwood bow and the outfit is complete.
Cremona Premier Artist & Student Violas – Prepare for advanced study with the best and widest variety of violas!
Best choice for Orchestra and Conservatory use! With all solid, handcarved tonewoods and beautiful craftsmanship in every detail, these marvelous instruments will foster pride in the student and are sure to please the most demanding professor or teacher. Choose any fine Cremona viola and you can’t go wrong!
- Handcarved solid spruce top
- Highly flamed, handcarved, maple back and sides
- Fine hand-selected woods
- Delicately inlaid purfling
- Hill-style boxwood fittings
- ebony fingerboard
- Cremona bridge
- A.Breton VNS-150V Perlon strings
- A single VP-14V fine tuner
- Translucent red/brown spirit varnish
- High quality LB-14V Brazilwood bow will full-mounted ebony frog, silver-plated wrap and unbleached white horsehair
- Travelite TL-33V oblong foam case with plush green velvet lining, accessory storage, built-in hygrometer, bow holders and convenient back pack straps
- Exceeds Recommended Educational Specifications
- Shop adjusted
- Made in the style of Guarnerius Hand-carved solid Spruce top Highly flamed hand-carved solid Maple back neck and sides
- All woods are hand-selected Delicately inlaid purfling
- Translucent pale amber varnish
- Ebony fingerboard Hill-style Boxwood fittings Cremona 3-star bridge VP-14V (1) finetuner
- Dogal Italian strings LB-14 J. LaSalle Brazilwood bow with genuine unbleached white horsehair with full-mounted silver-plate wraped Ebony frog VP-14V (1) finetuner SKB viola case Shop adjusted