Cremona SV-175 Premier Student Violin, Full-Size
Presenting the Cremona SV-175 Premier Student Violin Outfit
All Cremona Premier Student Violins are designed to meet the specific needs of beginning and advancing students. Our best selling violin outfit for more than 30 years, the new and improved SV-175 is no exception. Each instrument features solid, hand-carved and graduated maple and spruce, in which the traditional design and material specifications meet or exceed NAfME recommended guidelines for student instruments. Each instrument has been upgraded to include premium quality Prelude strings by D’Addario to bring out the best tone possible in every instrument, and a features a beautiful translucent warm brown finish which lets the grain show through. The SV-175 is skillfully crafted to be just as pleasing to the eye as it is to the ear. Each outfit includes the ever-popular TL-33 oblong violin case with built-in hygrometer, and an exceptional LB-13 J. LaSalle octagonal Brazilwood bow with ebony frog and genuine unbleached horsehair!
Price often plays a huge role in the decision process when the parent, teacher or student, decides what instrument to purchase. As a result, we made it a point to combine the best quality tone woods possible; without sacrificing tone or playability.
Similar to our highest-level violin outfits, each Premier Student Violin is hand-carved and graduated to achieve the best, most balanced tone possible. This attention to detail is applied to these instruments knowing that a student’s continuing on with the learning process is dependent upon how easy the instrument plays and how good it sounds. The finishes of Premier Student instruments range from a warm translucent brown and red to a more antique brown, and applied in multiple, thin coats to not only protect the wood, but also maintain a beautiful, traditional look. Even the necks are oiled for an unsurpassed feel for the player.
Fingerboard and Fittings
Traditional shaped hardwood fittings of boxwood and ebony are used to assure proper intonation and an ease of playability that all players deserve—especially the beginner. For the fingerboards, we use quality ebony for its stability and smooth playability. All features combine to create an instrument that not only has professional features, but is amazingly affordable, too.
Our highly acclaimed Travelite TL-33 lightweight case is included with each full-size Violin Outfit; while the Featherweight C-3905 is paired with fractional sizes. High-quality J. LaSalle LB-13 Brazilwood bow and high quality D’addario Prelude strings make these outfits the best values on market today.
Cremona Premier Student Series – Perfect violin outfits for the elementary and junior high experience!
Premier Student Series Violin Outfits combine traditional designs with high-level specifications and playability, all at a price-point suitable for most beginning students. Every instrument is handcarved and graduated from good quality tonewoods to assure that it will have an inspiring tone to encourage higher learning, and design characteristics that remain true to historical form and function. Cremona Premier Student Violin Outfits are our best value and an excellent all around choice when quality, affordability,
- Select, handcarved solid spruce top
- Select, handcarved solid maple back & sides
- Solid maple neck, oiled finish
- Inlaid purfling
- Ebony fingerboard
- Polished ebony fittings
- Upgraded A.Breton VP-61 alloy tailpiece with 4 built-in finetuners
- Kaufman-style chinrest
- Cremona VP-203 bridge
- Swiss- shaped pegs
- Premium Prelude strings by D’Addario
- Antique translucent brown finish
- J.LaSalle LB-13 high-quality octagonal Brazilwood bow with ebony frog and unbleached white horsehair
- Ultralight and extremely durable TL-33 oblong case with plush green velvet lining, accessory storage, built-in hygrometer, bow holders and convenient back pack straps (1/8 – 1/16 sizes include a C-3905 case)
- Meets Recommended Educational Specifications
- Shop adjusted
- Music Inc. Magazine reviews SV-175 as “designed to meet the needs of beginning and advancing students.”
- Select tonewoods for the finest possible sound. Model SV-175 is Cremona’s top selling student violin for more than 30 years
- Every Cremona student violin comes with US-made Prelude strings, the educator’s preferred strings for students
- Set-up to MENC Standards at our Cremona workshop in California
- Properly fitted Swiss-style ebony pegs and quality lightweight composite tailpiece with 4 smooth fine tuners for easy tuning
- Ebony fittings, ebony fingerboard, hand carved solid spruce and solid maple body, lightweight construction means quality workmanship