While it isn’t known who first conceived the idea of a banjo ukulele,but we all know The banjo-ukulele is a four-stringed musical instrument with a small banjo-type body and a fretted ukulele neck,a mix between a Ukulele and a Banjo.
The instrument achieved its greatest popularity in the 1920s and 1930s, and combines the small scale, tuning, and playing style of a ukulele with the construction and distinctive tone of a banjo, hence the name.Its development was pushed by the need for vaudeville performers to have an instrument that could be played with the ease of the ukulele, but with more volume,designed it for those ukulele players who want more of that sweet ukulele tone blended with the pop and snap of the banjo.
Tightening or loosening the drum head, through adjusting the tension hooks fitted around the outside of the drum results in a change in tone.
The head typically has a firm tension. Tightening it so that it is rock hard to the touch gives a bright sound with good note distinction, but less bass response. Loosening it so it is softer, yet still tight enough to keep the bridge in place with the tension of the strings, results in a warmer, less bright sound.The bridge floats on the head and is held in place by the tension of the strings.v Back and Side:Sapele
Finish: Brown Gloss
Bridge: Maple with Ebony Cap
Tuners: Closed Gear Tuning Pegs
Inlay: White Inlay
Binding: White ABS
Number of Frets: 18v Nut Width: 1.38″
Scale Length: 15″ Concert
Drum size : 21.5cm (8.46â)
Weight: 2.6 lbs.
1 Pcs Banjo-Uke;1 Pcs Bag;1 Pcs Tuner;1 Pcs Strap;1 Set String;1 Pcs Pickup;1 Pcs Bridge;1 Pcs Wrench;1 Pcs Ruler;3 Pcs Picks
- Advanced Tuner: Closed gear tuning pegs,contains oil, so it would not rust so easy.Finer and more stable tuning also ensures the banjo ukulele has the best intonation and stays in tune longer.
- No Hand Scratching: Neatly fret wire + smoothly fingerboard , comfortably to play with the banjo ukulele
- Lower Action: Press easily,no buzzing,best for beginner to banjo ukulele practicing
- Bone Nut & Saddle: Well wear-resistance,perfectly vibration transmission,make the banjo ukulele has a full sound
- Two Styles Available:it can not only be a resonator type but also an open back type by detaching its back. Resonator type produces a mellower, softer sound while the open back type more bright