The 12 blade xylophone adds 2 notes lower than the 10 key, giving it more low end and more volume thanks to bigger gourds. Made in Ghana with Africa Heartwood Project, it is crafted in the traditional style of Burkina Faso and northern Ghana. The random tuning makes for very interesting and unique melodies and free improvisation. The pitch range is quite broad, from low notes that have long sustain because of the large gourds, and higher notes for quick response. This xylophone is covered by our satisfaction guarantee, and features:
* Random low to high tuning, in keeping with use as a percussion instrument
* Heat dried keys to help maintain tonality and prevent cracking
* Solid frame construction using hardwood, leather, and rope
* Full size gourds under each blade to amplify and sustain sound
* Low notes rake upward to allow room for larger gourds
* Two rubber mallets included with each balafon
(World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on Amazon. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Heat dried keys to help maintain tonality and prevent cracking.
- Solid frame construction using hardwood, leather, and rope.
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .org.
- World Percussion USA is the only authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on Amazon. All other sellers of this item are NOT selling the product described in this listing!